Tuesday 22 September 2009

Drama - Record Unit

In class we have been writing monologues as part of our unit "record". At first we were asked to create a character, then we had to brainstorm ideas about the character (e.g. how old they are, what are they doing whilst acting out the monologue). Once we did that we got into role, developed our characters further then started writing our own monologues. My idea was a schizophrenic fifteen year old girl. I got this idea from Hollyoaks, and the character newt. In my book, I decided to add stage directions to fit the style of Jessica my character. My role is based on the character 'newt' in Hollyoaks. He is a schizophrenic teenager. My role fits in with the character newt because they both have similar problems at home and they are both suffering from the same illness. If I perform my monologue I plan to perform it in 3 different areas:

  • on location
  • in the theatre
  • in front of the green screen


As my two different mediums I’ve chosen to focus on photography and record. I’ve chosen these two because I’m not very good at performance and don’t feel comfortable on stage so I will be back stage doing the recording. I also picked photography because it’s what I want to do when I’m older so it would be good to have some experience. Also, because it covers media and that’s one of the subjects
For my monologue I've written everything but just need to do some more background research. I will go onto Wikipedia and other sources to find out about schizophrenia.