Sunday 10 May 2009

Identity Piece

In textiles and Art we have started to make our own artefact that represents us. For my piece I have chosen to base it on Andy Warhol and I’ve chosen to do a wall hanging. I chose Andy Warhol because his work is really colourful sand i think that’s the best way that represents me. I chose to do a wall hanging because I think there are many different ways of doing it.
this is how I’m hoping to plan my artefact:
1. make a wooden frame
2. get a 1m by 1m piece of calico and tie elastic bands around it to make a pattern
3. tie dye the piece of fabric in purple dye overnight
4. take off the elastic bands and iron out the fabric
5. screen print my face onto the piece of fabric and go over the outline with silver lining
6. make little pendants using the lazar machine
7. get a real necklace and stick the pendants on it to make it look like a charm necklace
8. stick the necklace onto the neck of my screen print
9. stick it all on the wooden frame and add little bits of glitter and sequins to make it look nicer.