Tuesday 22 September 2009

Final Identity Piece

In our last lesson to finish our identity projects, I was no way near half way through so I was literally PANICKING! I knew there was no way I would be able to finish it but I knew I had to do as much as possible.
These are the steps it took to make my identity piece:

  1. screen print my face onto the tie dyed piece of fabric
  2. block print the blotches onto the tie dyed piece of fabric
  3. once that’s dry, staple the fabric onto the 1m by 1m frame I prepared earlier
  4. Stick fabric around the edges of the frame to make it stand out and cover the staples.


In the end I managed to get up to stage 5 but I could only cover half of my frame. I’m hoping to complete it in time and get my grade higher. In those 4 lessons I think I got my artefact together quite well. The only thing I think didn’t turn out how I wanted to, was the screen print of my face because the picture wasn’t clear enough. It’s not something I could change unless I start the whole thing again so I will add that into my evaluation.