Tuesday 4 November 2008

My Wall Display

In graphics & textiles we were asked to create a wall display as our assessment.
Our task was to get into groups of 2 or 3, choose a decade, research the fashion, music, films and famous people of this decade and create an informative and imaginative wall display.
In our first few lessons we were just researching on the internet and we were putting together notes and information for our wall display. When it came to the last two weeks, we started putting it all up.
I didn’t really enjoy the researching part because I find it’s just copying and pasting all the time. I wasn’t really gaining and knowledge. Whereas when we were doing the practical part of it all I really enjoyed it. I loved picking the colour scheme and setting it all out on the wall.
My group never really let me down much because everyone was really hard working and no one was really absent on the days we were putting everything together. The only let down was, after we had done all the research our folders went missing but within the next 2 lessons we had found them so I was quite lucky.
When we were assessing everything, we had to remember what aspects of the display were going to be assessed.

Some of these were:
1. To make it colourful and eye catching
2. To make your layout unique
3. To make sure the images quality is good
(no pixilation)
4. To style the lettering well- some letters big to draw your attention, and some small for detail.
5. Does it reflect the decade? And how do you know?
6. Is it interesting and informative?
Our final display was really good. I was quite happy with myself and my group because we had met all the targets we were set. The thing I was happy with the most was that our information was detailed and the layout of our display was different to the other ones.
If I had the chance to do it again and improve on it, I would have planned out what the wall was actually going to look like instead of just putting anything up anywhere.
All in all I liked the project and i would recommend it for the people who are doing the diploma next year.